Here's a quick summary of Riut's refund policy. You call find the full policy below.
Up to 14 days after receiving your RiutBag: You may return your unused RiutBag no questions asked for a full refund of the price of the RiutBag and original shipping paid.
Up to 30 days after receiving your RiutBag: You may return your unused RiutBag for a refund of the price of the RiutBag but no refund of shipping.
If there is any manufacturing fault with the RiutBag: RiutBag designer, Sarah Giblin, checks every RiutBag seam by seam to minimise problems caused by hand making backpacks. If a fault is discovered, send us a photo of the fault and we will send a replacement, fix the problem or give you a full refund, whichever your prefer.
If there is a fault, you may return the RiutBag after having used it. However, in all other cases, you may only return the product if it has been handed no more than it would have been in a shop e.g. to try it on. It may not have been used out doors and the labels must remain on the product.
To return a RiutBag, the cost of posting it to us is carried by you.
*End of summary*
Refund policy: Clause 8 from Riut's Terms of Sale contract:
Your consumer right of return and refund. This clause 8 only applies if you are a consumer.
If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract during the period set out below. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from UK Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Order Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out below:
End of the cancellation period
Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days).
The end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product.
Example: if we provide you with a Order Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the Product on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January.
To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to complete the Cancellation form on our website. A link to the website cancellation form will be included in our Dispatch Confirmation. If you use this method we will e-mail you to confirm we have received your cancellation.
If you cancel your Contract we will:
· refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
· refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method).
· make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
o If you have received the Product: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see below in this clause:
o if you have not received the Product: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
If you have returned the Products to us under this clause (8( because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
We will refund you on the credit card, debit card or method used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the Product we may refund you in vouchers.
If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
· then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. The easiest way to cancel your contract is via this cancellation form. After we have confirmed your order and wish to cancel, we will contact you with our returns address and information about our authorised carrier and how to arrange a return.
· unless the Product is faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us by post.
Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 8 or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.