Riut Limited ("We") [is/are] committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.riut.co.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through our site, including invoicing, collecting payment and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
For the purpose of running competitions.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. These cookies collect information, and are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
· To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
· To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
· To speed up your searches.
· To recognise you when you return to our site.
www.riut.co.uk is built using www.squarespace.com. A site built by Squarespace® drops a single tracking cookie called “ss_lastvisit” to allow the site’s statistics module to determine if a visitor to the site is unique.
These Google analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Clear here for more information from Squarespace
Click here for more information from Google http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
By using our website, you agree we can place these types of cookies on your device.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you have asked to be placed on our mailing list and/or to receive our newsletter, we will retain your email address. We will only do this if you have asked us to do so, and we will remove your address from the list on request.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
· If you have chosen to receive our newsletter and/or subscribed to our blog updates by email in which case we will disclose your email address to our newsletter software provider MailChimp and any associated software providers such as SurveyMonkey.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the legal notices contact form.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated on: 29 March 2015